Wednesday, October 14, 2009

6 month Gotcha Day anniversary

Six months ago Mahlet said goodbye to the transition house and became a part of our family forever. It was such an emotional day. I was happy that she was finally joining our family forever but I was also crying as I watched her say goodbye. She had grown very close with all her nannies, staff and children. Many tears were shed throughout the day. But I remember the worst was when it was time to leave all the families were on the bus and all the staff and children were gathered outside to say goodbye. Everybody was crying as they watched Mahlet say goodbye and kiss and hug every child (I'm crying now as I think back). She cried almost all the way back to our hotel. But she recovered quickly once we reached our room and she saw all her new clothes. It is fun remembering our time in Ethiopia. Can't wait to go back some day.

Yesterday we had our 6 months post placement visit with our social worker. It was nice seeing her again. She has been on this journey with us since 2005 when we adopted Hannah and we love her. I did request she visit prior to Molly getting home from school as she has issues about us talking about her behavior in front of other people. It went really well even after Molly arrived after school. So once she gets her report done we can start the process of re-adopting Molly. This is required so she can become a U.S. citizen.

As of tonight I am sicker than a dog. Body aches, lungs hurt, neck hurts, throat hurts, can't breathe. And guess what...MY STUPID TOE IS STILL HURTING.

I know that God is good and am so thankful for my children and the best husband.

Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

It's been a long 6 months. It's a wonderful ride isn't it, up and down up and down but in all, the ups keep us from crashing down! You are great parents on a wonderful journey!Congrats on making it 6 months! Love you, Nancy Lee