Monday, October 5, 2009

Soccer is done for the season

Molly finished her soccer season this past weekend. Her team got beat both games on Saturday so didn't have to play on Sunday. Molly was pretty happy about it as the weather sucked this weekend...cold and rain make for miserable soccer games for everyone involved.
A little update on how things are going with us. Molly's behavior is improving each day although we still have a Molly meltdown from time to time it is much better than it used to be. She has really become close with Ron as she never knew her birth father and he is not replacing anybody. It has been harder for her with me. She knew her birth mother until she was nearly 7 yrs. old and loved her dearly. So our relationship is taking a bit more work. It has been kind of strange as the first 3 months home she was really tight with me and then the behavior became very disrespectful. I was not really understanding it until I sat down and had a few talks with her about her birth mother. After each talk her behavior toward me has improved. She is really missing her birth mother and having a hard time with me being her new mother. I completely understand how hard it is for her but at the same time I have to be honest, I feel hurt and jealous of her relationship with Ron. That being said I am also happy about the relationship that she is cultivating with her father, and it makes me happy to see Ron being such a good father to a this young girl. I can accept that Molly needs time to develop a mother/daughter relationship with me it is just hard. Don't get me completely wrong she is a wonderful girl and I get lots of love and affection from her and I give back. I guess losing my mother gives me a better understanding of what Molly is experiencing.
OK Gotta leave it at that....bed issues with the girls.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: