Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Loss

Goodbye, Ariel, Flounder and Flounder's cousin (Hannah's fishes names)


As if Hannah hasn't had enough to deal with with losing her grandma her daddy killed her fish today.  He accidentally used water with chlorine in it to change the water...and within minutes they were dead.  Hannah put her little hands on her hips and yelled at daddy "You killed my fish!"  This poor child.  Daddy apologized and reminded her that she is one step closer to getting a dog.  Her plan was when these fish died we would get some more fish and when those fish died we would get one more batch of fish and when the died we would get a dog.  I'm upset because I think those fish would have lived forever (and now we are one step closer to having a dog again).  Don't get me wrong I love dogs but am allergic and it has been nice to be dog free for nearly two years.  They were the craziest fish I have ever seen.  I will miss them.  

Hannah and I went over to grandpa's house after the accidental death of her fish.  The house was full of Ron's relatives and Hannah entered the house and said "I have an announcement...Daddy killed my fish".  Her uncle who gave them to her for birthday kind of laughed when he heard what his brother the doctor did...isn't he supposed to be in the business of saving lives.Most of Ron's family arrived yesterday and they went to the funeral home to plan their mother's funeral.  Afterward they all came to our house for a fantastic meal provided by my husband's office staff.  It was very kind of them.


More family arrived today so we have three houses full of family.  Charlotte's funeral will be on Tuesday and visitation Monday evening.  I'm really torn if I want Hannah (age 4) see grandma in her casket.  I don't know what that will do to her.  She saw my mother at her funeral (2 yrs. old).  When we walked out the door she cried I just want to see grandma.  But she was OK.  She wasn't nearly as close with my mother as she was with Ron's.  I do think I will chose to let her see grandma.  I think it will be good for her to say goodbye and open a door for us to discuss heaven and what happens when you die.


Blessings,
Bliss


1 comment:

me said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of the entire cast of "the little mermaid" I hope they find peace swimming in that great gig ocean blue......
Kudos on opening up the expierience of death for Hannah, you won't regret it, it is such a BEAUTIFUL part of life I wish others would not be so fearful of! We love you bunches! Nancy lee