Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Readoption Day

Today was our day in court to readopt Mahlet. She is now officially a U.S. citizen and recognized as our daughter by the U.S. courts. Her name was changed from Mahlet Ronald to Mahlet Maleah. In Ethiopia the child take the dad's first name as their middle. This caused a little confusion with our attorney as he thought we had adopted a boy. It was so funny as neither our attorney of the judge could pronounce her name correctly. But it doesn't matter the decree is signed and it's a done deal. We will now get a U.S. birth certificate and can apply for her passport so we can go to Jamaica in March.


It was kind of funny timing as I got my reminder letter today that I begin jury duty Jan. 1st and I ended up in the very court room I will be serving in.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: