Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blizzard/New Adoption Update

Wow I think we are being punished for enjoying a week in Jamaica. Yes once again we are despising the weather in NE South Dakota. Snowing Blowing...freezing....Just plain YUCK. I so wish I was back in Jamaica...but this is our reality. But I won't complain anymore because I am thankful that I have a home and plenty of food and clean water to drink. I read a book over vacation that really changed my view on how truly we are blessed. No matter how bad some have it in the US it is nothing compared to what most people in Africa face each day. I am just happy that I will be able to change one child's life. It frightens me to thinks what would have happened to our beautiful daughter if she would have aged out of the system and ended up on the streets. You know what happens to girls on the streets in Africa.


Speaking of our daughter. She received our care package yesterday from the Hall family. The following is what Stephanie had to say about our daughter.

Bliss - your daughter is amazing. She was the first we photographed and she immediately wrote her name in her journal with her blue pen and she was so very proud. She loves her pictures and she was so excited, she helped us with all the rest of the photographs.

Oh...I wept after reading that...I am thankful for Stephanie Hall for that report...but Boy am I jealous that one more person has met my daughter before me....

We have been given Tentative travel dates....Apr. 25-May 2. We don't know yet if this will work out with Ron's schedule. If it does it means we will be traveling with a family that is getting a sibling group ages: 4 and 10. And we will have a 4 yr. old getting a 10 yr. old. Anyway please pray God gives us wisdom on what to do as far as travel.

Blessings,
Bliss

2 comments:

me said...

Missed you guys so much! Sorry it is so cold, I will pray for some of this sunshine to head your way! So excited about your prospective travel to Ethiopia! Exiting things are about to happen in your lives! Love you, Nancy Lee

Amy said...

Bliss, I happened across your blog when I was out creating my own. I love seeing all of the pics of Hannah and how she has grown. Your adoption is in our prayers. How exciting. Hope all is well with you. You will have to check out my blog if you get some time. www.girlfriendsgetreal.blogspot.com Take care. Amy Thue