Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Head is Spinning

I am going to blog early today since I am having oral surgery this afternoon and won't be in any condition to do it later. Also I need something to distract me since I can't eat or drink anything for the next 6 hours. (I'm actually editing this post and am back from the surgeon's office and will give details after the next paragraph).


So you may have noticed from my countdown clock things have changed once again with our court date. We were informed yesterday that there was a mix up in ET and our court date is actually Mar. 26th. and not the 31st. So by Thursday morning we will know if M***is officially our new daughter. Oh and if we pass court we will leave Apr. 11 to get her. That is what has my head spinning. We are so not ready. We have not even started to decorate her room. We will very busy in the couple of weeks. I do have her video ready to post on Thursday when we pass court (see how positive I am being).

So about this oral surgery that I have been trying to get accomplished for over 6 months now. I have had to reschedule 3 times now do to infection, the funeral of my MIL, travel out of the country. I actually went and thought wow this is finally the day I will get my implant. I was sitting in the chair reading through the consent form once again. I was reading about everything that could possibly happen...thinking wow do I really need a dental implant (LOL). Anyway the doctor finally came in and he asks if we have been doing anything exciting lately...traveling?? I told him we just got back from Jamaica and would be going to Ethiopia next month. This got his attention. Ethiopia...what for? To get our 11 yr. old daughter. He was like WOW!!! He asked why we chose to get an older child...I explained the situation and he was still like WOW. So once he got done with the chit chat (and he can chit chat...I'll share the history lesson he gave me in a bit) he had me take an Xray and was satisfied with how I had healed and was all ready to go when I thought I better ask if this was a good idea considering I would be traveling to a 3rd world country in a couple of weeks. That stopped him in his tracks...he knew we would be going to ET but I think he didn't listen to how soon. He said...are you OK with not doing this now. My answer was YES. He didn't want to take the risk that I would have some sort of infection or other problem while in ET. So once again I was off the hook because we would be out of the country. So I will have to reschedule once we are back from ET. Maybe th 4th time will be a charm. Now about the history lesson he delivered to me. He likes to read in the Winter and this past Winter he read at least 8 or 9 books about JuliusCaesar and GenghisKhan. He did impress me with his knowledge of these two historical figures but all I could think of after I heard Genghis Khan...was Bill&Ted'sExcellentAdventure (a must see mindless movie that is a fun lesson in history). OK gotta go because I am starving as I went 6 hours without anything to eat or drink (for nothing). Which by the way is very difficult with a 4 yr. old that want to snack every 10 minutes.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: