Wednesday, June 24, 2009

OUCH!!!

I'm pretty banged up after my scooter accident last evening. We were taking a kids scooter that Hannah kind of stole from the neighbor's a few weeks ago. The said she could keep it as long as she wanted. I was messing around on it in their driveway and hit a twig and nearly killed myself. Note to self we are not getting one of these for the girls. I have a huge bruise on my elbow, hip and knee. My arm really hurts today and I think I may have a little fracture. I was in so much pain by the time we got home (about 2 block walk) I was in tears. Molly was so sweet she went and got dad who was doing yard work to let him know I was hurt. He came in can checked me over and didn't think anything was broken. Molly helped me ice all my wounds and was very protective when Hannah just seemed to want to hurt me more by pressing on my bruises. I think Molly will become a nurse...she is so very compassionate and caring.

Molly has her last ESL class for the summer tomorrow. She was so sweet this morning and wanted me to write her teachers name for her. She then wrote out a thank you note for her. I was so proud of her. I didn't even ask her to do this. She is such a sweet girl. I think I will take her to pick out a little flower arrangement to give to her teacher. Molly has really done well in her class and has improved so much. She is a perfectionist and her teacher said she would keep repeating things until she got 100%. That is good.

We are just waiting for dad to get home so we can have a spaghetti supper. Molly's favorite. I think she would eat it for every meal if I let her.

Hannah is busy constructing a log cabin out of Lincoln Logs. I am so impressed at her skills with the Lincoln Logs. She looks at the directions and is able to duplicate what she sees. I find that amazing at the age of 4. I am 10+ X her age and struggle with it.

Gotta go text the girl's friend/babysitter. She has been in DC all week. She has diabetes and won an essay contest and the prize was a trip to Washington where the is senate is having hearings on the disease. She was extremely excited yesterday as she got to meet the love of her life Nick Jonas and Pres. Obama. I'm pretty sure Nick gets top billing in her book.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: