Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hannah Relaxin' in the Sun

Hannah and I spent some time relaxing in the hot sun this afternoon...finally warm temps and the water park is closed
Hannah decided she needed her shades and a book
She loves this Spanish book we got in Mexico. She also loves her Mandarin one that is kind of similar



Just a quick update on Molly. She is loving school. She told me she has lots of boyfriends. We had the best night and morning (today) since she has been home with us. Yesterday morning was a different story. She didn't like the outfit I had picked for her (she doesn't really know how to match up clothes) and it was just a big melt down (picture a 3 yr. old). She was totally mad even though I gave her other choices. Oh the drama. She finally dressed in something I suggested but was not happy when she left the house. We all get together as a family and say a prayer before Ron and Molly leave for the day. It must have worked because she acted unhappy when I picked her up but came around before we got home and was totally fine the rest of the night. This is where it gets funny to me. Molly has been allowed to watch a lot of TV this summer as I know it is a great way to learn English. I know this to be true because we had a foreign exchange student a few years back and he didn't speak much English when he arrived but was very fluent by the time he left. He told us it was because of TV. Anyway back to Molly. I decided now that she is in school TV time will be limited so I let her watch about an hour after school and then I turned it off. I thought this was going to be very ugly as she loves to watch it. I told her it is time for you to do some chores around the house and put her to work cleaning. She was so happy and went to town. She was like a cleaning machine and I am kind of a control freak when it comes to cleaning but I was totally impressed at how thorough she was...Oh boy is this a win win situation for me.

The other thing that has made a difference in her behavior is that I found a way to get her to eat breakfast (or rather drink it). Since we have been home she has not been interested in eating breakfast. This really bothered me once she started school. One of my YG friends suggested smoothies. I now give Molly a yogurt/fruit smoothie in the morning and after school. What a difference this has made. I believe part of her bad behavior has been low blood sugar.

Toe update. Pretty soar today because I did a 15 mile bike ride last evening. It felt so good to just get some exercise...but I think I over did it. I don't care because the JOY of the bike ride is well worth the little pain today.

Gotta Run (you all know I can't) Molly has soccer practice.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: