Thursday, August 13, 2009

This & That

Hannah loves swinging on the high bar and falling into the pit.
She is the only one in her class that would monkey walk all the way to the middle of the bar

She got to swinging quite high so her dismount was a little out of control. All the other kids just hung on the bar right by the coach and just dropped straight down. Some of the kids pretty much climbed down the coaches body. Hannah loved it and when she got out of the pit she said "Mom I was very brave". This truly has no fear. The photos were taken a couple weeks ago by a friend so I just got them. Tonight the kids got to jump from the vault into the pit. Hannah's leap into the pit was pretty impressive. On the way home she asked if we would put a beam and pit in her room. I said I didn't think there was room for all stuff to which she replied "well just get me a bigger room."


I guess it has been a few days since I have blogged so I'll get you all caught up on what has been happening during the last days before Molly begins school.

On Tuesday we all went to Molly's school to meet with her principal (she has already met as she spent the month of May at the school with her ESL teacher and he is a family friend). He walked us around the school showing Molly where all her different classes would be and where she would go each morning when she arrives at school. We then met her teacher. There are three classes of 5th graders at her school. I really liked her teacher and I think she will be really good with Molly. I know Molly is excited to start school. Only 10 more days.

Finally the weather has started delivering summer type temps so we have been at the water park a lot. Molly and I have actually gone both afternoons and evenings a few times this week. It is fun for me because during the day I can't do any of the slides with Molly because I can't leave Hannah. It was really nice today because my friend's daughter who is 9 was there and Molly and her hung out and did the slides and lazy river. It was nice to see Molly with a girl friend. She really hasn't made friends with any girls her age and I can tell she really wants some friends. So it is good school is starting soon.

Molly has her first soccer practice tomorrow so we went and got soccer shoes and shin guards today. I hope she likes soccer and is able to understand what her coach is asking her to do. I know she knows how to play as she has played with our neighbor boys.

Molly and I have really been butting heads this past week. It seems like I can do nothing right. It doesn't help that we (her and I) were dealing with raging hormones. Boy is this a lethal combination. Today was so much better. I could tell we were both in a better place hormonally. Poor Ron...but he wanted girls.


Next subject: Allergies...mine are so bad and I am on everything. My left eye won't quit watering and my face is so red and sore. If it doesn't quit by tomorrow AM I am going to go to Ron's office and get a shot.

OK, I think that is about it.

Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: