Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shopping

Molly had her first soccer practice last night. I wish I would have video taped her putting her shin guards on...too funny. She did pretty good considering she really hasn't played before ( just a bit with the neighbor boys) and most of the girls on her team have played since they were five. But I was just happy to see her exercise. She tends to be a pretty lazy kid...loves to just sit around. I can't stand it. She complained about how tired she was and I was like Yeah. I explained to her that she needs to exercise more and she will have more energy the more she does it. I know she was happy to be with some girls her age. Molly really looked like a giant amongst the other girls. I know her doctor said she was tall but I really had not seen her with other 10 yr. old American girls also her great big hair made her look even taller.


We took Molly to get her school supplies today and few clothes and shoes. I can't say I enjoy shopping with Molly at this stage of our transition. She is 10 but often acts more like a spoiled 3 yr. old. The behavior baffles me. I know we have been spoiled by Hannah (I'll explain more about that later). I've been told children in ET are never told NO. I believe this is probably true as Molly has a fit if we say NO to something or she doesn't get her way instantly (doesn't that sound like a 3 yr. old?). I have to admit her fit recovery is getting better. The other thing that really bothers me is that we have been buying her all kinds of things and she doesn't seem to be appreciative of it (I can't stand this).

This is my explanation of Hannah being nearly the perfect child. I know some of you reading this are probably rolling your eyes, but go ahead. I'm not trying to brag about anything...she is not from my DNA and I am not bragging about our parenting. I'm just saying from the day she was put in our arms it has been EASY!!!! She never cried the whole time we were in China, she instantly bonded and attached to us, slept 12 hours a night, took 2 2 hours naps a day until she was two (then naps were history), has never thrown a tantrum, was potty trained in a day, will share anything, will actually ask to be put to bed if she is tired....the list could go on and on. She is soooo content. I swear she not a real child.

This is why I think God gave us Hannah. He knew he had Molly planned for us. God is so funny. We have never had to deal with toddler behavior with Hannah...Hello Molly.

Any advice or comments won't offend me.

Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

Becky Lee Burk said...

The Somali kids that I have been volunteering with are the EXACT same way. They are not told no, so to hear it from me (someone who's not their mother) say it is like blank faces with mouths agape. Also they never say thank you unless prompted to do so. I think it's because over there everyone in the community is EXPECTED to help one another so maybe that is why they don't seem to be overly joyed or appreciative. Of couse with most toys one of the boys just lights up but then I go back the next week and it's broken or shoved somewhere and he can't even find it. So who knows... but I feel your frustrations.