Thursday, May 28, 2009

Doctor Visit

Molly had her doctors appt. this morning. She is in the 90% for height so she will be the tall Rovang. Her doctor is a beautiful Iranian woman that made Molly feel very comfortable. Molly did have a pretty good build up of wax in her right ear. The Dr. cleaned out as much as she could but some of it was too deep and we will have to give her some ear drops before visit next month so she can get the rest of it. She was kind of funny and asked Molly if she could hear better. The Dr. told me that Molly's BMI is perfect but also wanted to warn me about nutrition. She said AA people have a high rate of obesity and to make sure we instill healthy eating habits with Molly. This has been pretty easy as Molly loves fruits and vegetables and doesn't really snack and never overeats.

The really bad part of the visit was as you know the shots...and there were five today. Molly knew she was getting them...she kept holding her arm last night saying "mommy 5 marfe (Amharic...pronounced murphy). It was REALLY BAD!!! The poor nurses felt so awful they had to put her through this...they said when she speaks English better they want to apologize. She actually tried to escape from the room. We finally got her to sit on my lap and I and another nurse held her down (not easy...she is strong and I was shaking...mommy heart hurting so much for her). Once the nurse started sticking her she actually settled down a bit. I know that the thought of a shot is way worse than the actual shot. Once the shots were done Molly was instantly her pleasant/happy self. Me not so much...I was very shaky for almost an hour after...I hate seeing my child in such a state. When we left the clinic she thanked the staff and said goodbye.

The staff and Molly's Dr. were so wonderful. From the moment we entered the office they were so nice. Molly entered before me and the receptionist said "you must be Molly". They all told her how beautiful she was. We got taken back right away and I heard them talking about our other daughter (Hannah...adopted from China) saying what a doll she is.... I don't know these people but our adoption of Hannah was in the local news paper and we live in a small city and Ron's office is in the same building. Molly's Dr. was really interested in hearing our story...and told me several times that she was so impressed by us adopting...and especially an older child. I shared as much as I felt comfortable without knowing her faith. But the truth is God was completely in charge of both of our adoptions. And we are thankful...

Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

She is such a brave young lady! My prayers are going up that she will continue to grow like a beautiful rose in her new family! Love you guys bunches! Nancy Lee