Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo

The girls enjoyed spending time with their Aunt Trish this past week.

Well Mahlet (we are now pretty much calling her Mahlee (Molly)) is slowly recovering from her chicken pox. Now we wait to see if and when Hannah gets them. I am so happy about how well these two get along. They are pretty much attached at the hip and have so much fun together. I just love hearing them laugh together.
Mahlet was able to go back to her school today and was actually scheduled to be tested to see what level they would begin her at in her ESL class. I don't know what got into her but she was absolutely not herself. She has done really well with this teacher until today. First Mahlet would not let go of me so I had to stay in the room and then she would not cooperate (and began crying). The teacher decided not to push and give us a tour of the school. Once we got back to her room Mahlet did cooperate a little more but was no where able to be tested. I think she gets really nervous and you can barely hear her when she speaks. It is so frustrating because she does just fine at home and can actually read pretty good. I don't know if she actually understands what she is reading. I did find a really good website that we can work together on and she seems to like as well as Hannah.
In honor of Cinco de Mayo I and the girls had Taco John's for supper. Mahlet absolutely loves tacos (both hard and soft shells). So far it has been a challenge to get her to try new foods. She did have pheasant at her Uncle's house this past weekend and seemed to like it. She also tried some Chinese food but it didn't seem to impress her very much. That's OK her sister is Chinese and will really only eat noodles.
OK that's all I have for today.
Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

Kari said...

WE love you Rovangs...thanks for the updates & photos. We are hungry for more:))) Mahlet looks beautiful. The girls look like BFF's!!
xoxo