Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun Holiday Weekend

Molly had fun with her Aunt Bonnie this weekend (Hannah did too but I didn't have a good photo of them all as Hannah is a big goof ball)



We had a fabulous weekend. Molly has really done well the last few days. She talked to Almaz (interpreter) last night. Almaz told us that Molly is a very sweet girl and that she is very happy and loves us very much. That made me feel sooo relieved...as I have felt like such a failure these past few weeks. I just need to accept the fact that her tears are not about me but her own grief. She has gone several nights with no tears so I know she is really working through this adjustment. I actually gave her a bath last night and washed her hair with a new shampoo. Her hair has gotten really dry so I really needed show her how to wash her hair properly and put a conditioner in. I love her big wild hair...I don't think she is a fan but I LOVE it.
We went clothes shopping for Miss Molly yesterday. Ron's office gave us a really sweet card signed by the whole staff with $150 to spend on Molly. We were able to get some really great bargains at Target. We saved $58 buying mostly sale and clearance items. She was so happy and loves to shop. I bought her and Hannah matching nightgowns...they were both very excited about that...and slept in them last night.
Get this....Hannah who is 4 yrs. old came up to me yesterday and said "Mom I need a makeover". What???? How did I end up with two very girly girls???? I am so not a girly girl. Maybe they will convert me...but I doubt it.
We are counting down the days until the water park opens Saturday...please let the weather cooperate. I don't know how Molly will like the water park...I'm pretty sure she has never been in a swimming pool and she doesn't seem to like the sun very much. I need to find a good sunscreen for her as I know her skin is very sensitive to the sun. I find that ironic...I am the whitest girl in this family and needs the least sunscreen...I just tan instantly. I am so excited about getting a good tan.
Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: