Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny Outfit


This is an outfit I purchased nearly 14 years ago when I was pregnant with our first child who was very anxious to get to heaven she/he jumped from my womb right into our Heavenly Father's arms.

I have been tempted to give this outfit away through the years but just kept saying no. If you look closely it still has the tag on it and very a African print. I guess God was telling me to hold on to it as he had plans for us to adopt a little one from Africa one day.
Speaking of that we are a little closer today as our new home study was sent to USCIS today. I hear that things are moving pretty quickly in the Minnesota office and we should have our I171H in about 2 weeks. Then we send all our papers to our state capitol to get certification (this is fast in SD only one day turn-around). I still think I will just make the 2 1/2 hour drive as our state offers a walk-in service and my grandparents lived just across the river from our capitol so I could put some flowers on their graves. Once our we get our documents for our dossier certified we send it off to our adoption agency and they get it authenticated with the US State Dept. and the Ethiopian Embassy. Then our dossier is off to Ethiopia and we begin the long wait (right now that is between 9 and 10 months for a baby girl). So if all goes smoothly (please pray it does) we should be DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) by mid to late October. I am pretty happy with how fast we got everything together. Our agency approved our application June 23 and we are now in the home stretch not even 3 months later. Can I tell you my husband did all the paperwork with our first adoption and it took us like 9 or 10 months to get it all done. Big difference once I took over (now that I know how much I love being a mom...I want my child and I want her ASAP). I do thank our SW for being so swift in completing our home study...she is the best.
Just to let you know...look for Munchkin Run photos tomorrow. Hannah has her third Munchkin Run tomorrow evening. Run Hannah Run!!!
Blessings,
Bliss






No comments: