Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend Highlights

We had a good time this weekend. First good thing was grandma got out of the hospital on Friday. We are so happy about that (although Hannah and I ended up going to the hospital on Saturday...I'll explain later). Hannah was excited to spend some time with her Aunt who was visiting from the Twin Cities. Ron & I were able to go for a run Saturday morning (gorgeous weather) as Aunt was the perfect choice for a sitter. After lunch Hannah and I headed to the hospital to meet baby Alexis Jane. My friend had a beautiful baby girl Friday. It was so fun to hold such a tiny little baby. Her son was there (Hannah's friend from Kindermusik). These two are definitely a miniature version of Mr. & Mrs. Smith (movie from a few years back). They love each other one minute and then bang (no pun intended) are ready to kill each other the next. Yes the visit ended in tears...Hannah was the victor in the latest episode. I guess make the boys cry when you can as they will have her shedding a few tears later in life.

We had to rush home from the hospital so I could get my cooking done for the big family feast. It was after 2:30 and I had 3 dishes I had to make (each one involved a lot of chopping...very time consuming). OK, I do have to be honest here I can't take credit for the whole feast. My DH was in charge of the steak & fish grilling (soooo good especially the salmon and halibut he caught in Alaska) as well as potatoes and caramelized carrots. I did bake a zucchini chocolate cake at 6Am for dessert so I get extra points for that right? Anyway we had Ron's parents (it was great to have his mother attend a family meal...it has been so long) his brother and sister over for a fun family dinner.

Today (Sunday) was Hannah's first day of Sunday School. She is in a new room with new teachers (both teacher's are male...I love it that there are guys willing to teach a 3 yr. old SS class). She did great. This girl is such an social extrovert it is unreal. I am excited for this year at SS because at our church 3 yr. olds get presented with a bible.

Sarah Palin Video
Our YWAM friend sent this link to us showing Sarah Palin speaking to a group at her home town Assembly of God church. It is worth a look to see she can speak without a prompter and she actually had nothing prepared.

http://www.fathersglory.com/

Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

Soon and very soon it will be your new baby girl in your arms!!! :0)
Glad you had such a WONDERFUL weekend! Love you bunches! Nancy Lee