Friday, September 26, 2008

"Gotcha Day" Anniversary

Today we celebrate the third anniversary of our "Gotcha Day". What a day that was...Oh Happy Day when they put Hannah into my arms. It was unreal to finally be holding my daughter after looking at her precious referral photos for nearly 2 months.

It was different than what I thought it would be...I thought I would just lose it with big fat tears streaming down my face. I was also prepared for Hannah to cry also. Neither of us shed a tear. I didn't have time to really think about the situation as we were so delayed in our travel to China (43 hour flight delay in Minneapolis, 3 hour delay in Anchorage, AK, 5 hour delay in Tokyo...can anyone believe we still travel on NWA) that our plane landed in Changsha and Hannah was in our arms 45 minutes later. It was amazing there was no break down on my part being so sleep deprived after all the delays and 18 plus hour flight. I know God had a hand in this whole thing as she instantly bonded with me...so amazing. I watch the video that we made over and over and just can't believe the miracle of her adoption. She was 10 months old when we got her so I was expecting some mourning from being taken from the only environment she had ever known. There was none...I don't think she ever really cried the whole time we were in China. I look at our video and she is laughing and smiling as soon as we arrived at our hotel.
We all look different 3 years later...but we love each other even more. Hannah is a very affectionate little girl who has enough energy to run our State (I'm not kidding she is like the Energizer Bunny). She is very excited about getting her little sister from Africa (Ethiopia). We can't wait to celebrate our next "Gotcha Day" with our baby girl from Ethiopia.
Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

Cindy Foote said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Just had to stop by and say hello. We are a fellow AWAA/ET family with an adopted daughter from China. Libby (daughter from China) will be 3 in November. We were DTE on June 13 of this year for another girl. I saw that your favorite blogs include the Harrells (great friends of ours here in San Antonio) and the Portis family - which is the family God used to inspire us to adopt from ET. So much in common! Blessings, Cindy Foote
www.adoptingaria.blogspot.com