Sunday, April 19, 2009

Almost Back Home







We arrived back in the States yesterday to a warm welcome at the Minneapolis Airport. It was a very long two days of traveling but it is so good to be almost home. We still have a six hour drive tomorrow before we arrive in Aberdeen. Mahlet did great on the flights. She grabbed my hand when the plane took of in Addis and held it for a while. But as soon as we were in the air she pretty much passed out and slept until Rome. She was able to see the lights of Rome from the air it was very Kon jo (beautiful). We were on the ground in Rome for about an hour and then took off and she was out again for nearly the entire flight to DC. Boy can she sleep. We had lunch in the Dulles airport and our waitress was Ethiopian so she able to talk to Mahlet. We ended up giving our waitress all the brr we had left over from our trip to send back to her family in ET (it was like $30 worth).
Mahlet slept the entire flight from Dulles to Minneapolis. She was very happy to meet her sister and the rest of the family. But once we got to my SIL house she kind of broke down and cried. I know the poor girl was so overwhelmed by all that was happening that she just needed to let it all out. She ended up falling asleep and slept the whole night (coughing a bit as she has a cold). I did hear her praying early this morning as Ron and I slept right by her side. She woke her happy cheery self and ate breakfast and held her little sister and they are the best of friends. I know we may have episodes of grief from time to time but altogether she has done remarkably well...beyond any expectations I could have hoped for. Continue to pray for our transition as a family and that she will like the food that I make her...I wouldn't blame the poor child if she didn't.
Blessings,
Bliss

8 comments:

me said...

Oh Bliss, I'm so excited for you all! She did look very tired in the photos. Sleep is a coping for depression, she is overwhelmed I'm sure, with happiness, sorta like a release of everything! Good to know she's a girly girl and needs her tears! She is doing wonderfully and I was so moved to see she slept next to her new parents! Hold her close, hold them both! Love you, Nancy Lee

Jaime said...

bliss, i hope your family can feel God's presence as He molds you together as a bigger happier family!

Dawn said...

Bliss, your family is just beautiful. Welcome back!God knew EXACTLY what your family should be!
Blessings,
Dawn

me said...

Are you home yet? Miss ya sister! Nancy Lee

The Stackler Clan said...

Bilss,
It was so wonderful to see you and Mahlet at Dulles on Satuday! It truly blessed us. I have some pics that I will send on to you as soon as I upload them. I am praying for your family.
Love
amy

me said...

Here's a question for ya, Is Hannah the first Asian Mahlet has seen? I have been praying that she stays strong through all these new changes in her life. Before you know it she'll be playing BBall with her friends in the backyard! Love ya, Nancy

me said...

Saw you on facebook....I know your home....Saw Mahlet in her new "VERY" cool room! Praying things continue on course! Love ya sister!

Joy Portis said...

I love the photo of Mahlet and Hannah holding hands! What a blessing they are going to be to each other! Welcome home! I will be praying for you all during this time of transition. Know that we are always here for support if yu need us! Can't wait for more photos and updates!