Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chicken Pox

Mahlet has the chicken pox. I guess I shouldn't be surprised as there was an outbreak at the Transition Home while we were there. I was just holding out hope that since it has been over two weeks since our return we would be OK. No such luck. You can maybe see them in this photo...she has a pretty good crop on her face some in her hair and a couple on neck and torso so far (they actually look way worse in person than in the photo). She was pretty miserable last night and most of today but...as you can see she can't help smiling. What a trooper she is.




Hannah is already trying to steal her sisters clothes...she said I need this to hold my boobies. Sisters busy making beaded stuff



Mahlet loves ice cream

So the Rovang household has been invaded with chicken pox. I know Hannah will probably get them in the next couple of weeks since she has not yet been vaccinated. I am kind of bummed that Mahlet has them because she has been meeting with her ESL teacher and was scheduled to be tested Friday for placement and then start a couple of school classes next week. I don't think this will happen now...STUPID CHICKEN POX!!!!



I swear I will get around to sharing more about our time in ET and my thoughts about adopting an older child. I also have thoughts on instantly having to share my love between two very different children. One who speaks English and has been apart of our lives since she was 10 mo. old and has no recollection of her past and one who speaks almost no English and has every memory of her past. Mahlet is such a brave young girl who has lost both of her Bio. parents, her grandmother had to relinquish her because she couldn't care for any longer, and her Aunt and cousin that she left behind in ET. I'm still trying to process it myself...I can't imagine what she is feeling. I know how hard it was to loose my mother and MIL as an adult and I didn't have to leave my country or learn a new language or get chicken pox all in a week or so...

Blessings,

Bliss





2 comments:

Nancy's Mom said...

I hope that you and your husband have had the "pox" because Nancy got them when she was about Mahlet's age (maybe younger) and her stepdad had the worst case ever...in EVERY spot on his body. We will pray for a fast recovery for all of you. Keep the faith (like you're doing) and may God continue to bless your family.

kim said...

Bliss,

Hannah and that bra is hysterical!! How funny - one of those great memories you might be able to hold over her -lol

I have been so blessed by your post of the girls connecting. Our S is 5 and our Jenna at home is 5. We have been praying for them to bond. Your posts have helped us believe it will go very well!!

Blessings,
Kim