Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chicken Pox Suck

Poor Mahlet is covered in Chicken Pox. As if this poor girl isn't overwhelmed enough. Last night was almost horrific for us as I had to give her a bath to help the itching. She just sobbed the whole entire time. It was undoubtedly the worst night we have been through since bringing her home. After her bath I got in bed with her and we held each other very tight until she quit crying and asked for sister. I am so amazed at the bond these two have...they were truly meant to be sisters. Hannah just sleeping in Mahlet's room instantly settles her down. But last night was kind of funny because as soon as Hannah noticed that Mahlet (she calls her Mahlee (Molly)) was asleep she came out of her room and said to us "I really need to sleep in my own room tonight". We were so OK with that as Hannah has been the best little girl during this whole transition. Mahlet got up earlier than usual for her but ended up sleeping on the couch until noon.


We were so blessed to have one our neighbors deliver a "Chicken Pox Fun Box" for the girls. It was filled with fun stuff for girls to do being stuck in the house. So we painted each other nails, put on the lip gloss, played the marble game and played with the little ponies. It was super sweet of my friend to do this...Thanks so much Diana.

I was so stir crazy being in the house for the last couple of days I had to get out so I took the girls to Grandpa's house. Their Aunt Trish and Uncles Bob, and Rich were there cleaning house getting ready to move grandpa to his new apartment tomorrow. We walked away a few little treasures from grandma Rovang's room. Hannah is so proud of the purse she scored and Mahlet got some mittens and scarfs...and I got a couple of brand spanking new soft socks.
Hannah does miss her grandma bunches. Mahlet never got to meet grandma Rovang but grandma got to see photos of Mahlet before she passed away and thought she was very pretty.
Blessings,
Bliss

6 comments:

Nitro Krycerin said...

I hated having chx pox. Ugh.

That stinks... welcome to America! And cue the itching...

Kirsten Bartel said...

Oh sweet Mahlet! But Bliss, even with all the chicken pox, she looks positively lovely! She has the most amazing sparkle in her eye! Give her a kiss and hug for Grace (remind her of Aserat). Grace loves to see pictures of Mahlet!

Anonymous said...

So, I guess I should get ready for chicken pox, right?

:-P

Karen said...

Oh dear - chicken pox are such a nuisance. And to have them crop up just as you are trying to transition at home - terrible timing. And yet Mahlet is beautiful despite the pox! We are so happy for you and your family Bliss. What a wonderful outcome. Looking forward to seeing you again this summer - with love, Karen Wistrom

alisa said...

Inspite of the chicken pox (even thought it seems like that is some how enhancing the bonding process), I glad to see life is good for the R Gang!!

me said...

Poor baby! I pray Hannah doesn't get them too! Still, with all "Molly" is going through, she is really doing so well! God is so good! Love ya sister! Nancy