Monday, April 13, 2009

We Met Our Daughter Today

It was the most amazing day since we met our little Hannah.  Mahlet is truly an amazing and lovely little lady.  I praise God that he changed my heart.  She is so loving and came right to us and called my mom.  We hugged forever.  I know she is what God had planned for us all along.  Some of you may have noticed the spelling of Mahlet's name.  That is how it is really spelled.  It is on her ET birth certificate and it is said as Ma Let...I don't like that as it sounds like that awful hair style.  So we may just continue call her Mahelet or we did discuss with her if she would like to called Molly.  She was open to this so we will wait and see what we all decide after the dusts settles.  She was not actually at the transistion home when we got there as she was at the Embassy getting a TB and another shot.  When they arrived back with her she ran around to another gate so we wouldn't see her (Ron did actaully catch a glimpse of her).  We ended up being the last family and it was kind of funny because Duni came out and said you'll have to wait a little while longer.  She said she is such a girl and needed to do her hair.  She just washed it and I loved the Dianna Ross look she came out to greet us.  She was the only older child of the day.  I tell you there was an instant love and bond between us.  I can't tell you affectionate and loving she is...she hugged us contrantly and told us she loved us very much.  We would tell her we loved her in Amharic and she would say it right back.  It was such a great day meeting all her care givers.  We will meet her personal nanny tomorrow when we go to pick her up for good.
It was such a beautiful and emotional day watching all the families being united for the first time.  It went really well but I was shaking like a leaf the whole time.  We are in the largest travel group that our agency has ever sent to ET.  So we got to witness so many little children see there mommy & daddy for the first time...so touching because we missed all this in China as we arrived so late.
I will try and post a photo but the internet is quite slow here (I have to also go and see if I can find my cable).  I will write more about a wonderful night out at a traditional ET restaurant....so much fun.  This group rocks.
Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

Kari said...

WE ARE SOOOO HAPPY TO KNOW YOU'RE WITH BEAUTIFUL MAHLET!!! We were never pronouncing it right:):)) LOL
I think it sounds perfect!!
Keep updating!!
xoxo