Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Girls

Mahlet wanted her little sister to sleep in her room last night. It was so sweet. She has a trundle bed so it worked out OK. Hannah is such an early riser she was up at 6AM this morning telling Mahlet it is morning time to get up. Mahlet was having nothing to do with getting up before 8AM. I've never seen a kid that can sleep through so much noise and commotion. I guess you have to get used to that when you live in an orphanage and sleep with 2 other girls in your bunk.

We met with the ESL teacher at Mahlet's school today. She just explained that Mahlet will have to be tested to see what level she will need to start at. We go back again on Monday to meet with her. Mahlet does know some English words but does not speak in any kind of sentences. I think she will do just fine. She really wants to learn but I think she is intimidated at saying something wrong.
Are biggest challenge is getting her to try new foods. I did discover she loves PB&J...thank the Good Lord for that as I can pull that off with out messing up.
She is a wonderful girl and doing just super. I will blog about some thoughts that I have had during this whole process of adopting an older child once I get my life in some sort of order. But I have to say I didn't expect it to go this smoothly.
Blessings,
Bliss

2 comments:

Kari said...

Bliss...I can't wait to talk more soon!! I've had a sick girl (miss H) home, so my chat time has been limited:)) Can you call me this weekend. Also, can you email me your # again.
Love the photos & your updates. The girls are so beautiful. We continue to pray for your family.
xoxo

me said...

Smoothly, you've been reading that crazy lady's blog thevirtualfamily.blogspot.com and thinking you were getting a tiny terror from China. Low and behold you were getting a beautiful princess from ET! God is good my sister and all He has for us is good things, that is when we are obedient! Obviously, I am not one of those people! LOL I love ya sister! Nancy Lee