Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day


We had a nice time yesterday celebrating Father's day with our Fathers. Of course Ron spent the day preparing a delicious meal ( he didn't do all the work I made 3 dishes and the one of the desserts. Ron grilled steak and halibut that he caught in Alaska. Soooo Good. After dinner we took my dad to the go-cart track to do some racing. He has never driven a go-cart...what's with that? I think he had fun. Hannah loved it. She is now tall enough and old enough to go on the double cars with us. She wanted to go as fast as we could possibly go. She took a turn with dad first and then me. I asked who was the better driver and Hannah (she's the best) said MAMA!
Ron took today and tomorrow off and is spending his days off working. He spent all day working on the front porch. I think it is a bigger project than he thought. After working all day he came in for dinner and said "why don't I ever just hire someone to do the work?" I told him because they wouldn't meet his standards. He likes things done just right and he is good at doing them himself and I know he enjoys doing it. Hannah and I spent the afternoon shopping. This not something I really like doing but Hannah needed a new swim suit. I got her two new ones a month ago but they don't fit because she has such a tiny hiny. She has been wearing her bikini that is size 18 mo. it still fits on the bottom but the top is getting kind of tight. I wish you could by children's swim suits as separates. It took me three stores to finally find a bikini (2T) to fit her (why didn't I go to Target 1st). I will only take Hannah to the water park in a 2 piece because she always has to go potty at least twice during our visit and it is so much easier to just pull down the bottoms. Now if we could just get some summer like weather so we can go to the water park.
Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

I love the dog, too cute! You need a photo of the 5 of you? I pray we move to Yankton so I can come and bug you on holidays too! Love you bunches! Nancy