Monday, June 9, 2008

Row Row Row Your Boat

Hannah in her Row Boat this morning
It must be cold where she is rowing her boat as she needed daddy's cap he got in Alaska
What do I spy with my handy binoculars
Hannah enjoyed her 2nd night at VBS. She actually went with our neighbors and Ron and I went to dinner alone (this never happens). The people at the restaurant were puzzled when we walked in without her. It was strange but a very relaxing meal. After dinner I went to VBS to take more photos. I know this sounds like an easy job, but it becomes very time consuming as I have to put together a couple of projects in a very short amount of time. The worst for me is the 5th graders always get to make a video (should be easy as I have a degree in this area) but it is the most difficult thing I have to do all year. They want to do it but won't come up with any ideas and like 5th graders won't cooperate in the short 20 minutes we have to shoot the stupid thing. I have just one day (with a 3 yr. old to entertain) to try and create something out of nothing. I have pulled it off the last few years but I really have my doubts this year. Once that project is complete I have to go through the hundreds of photos I have taken and put a video together for the service on Sunday. Just thinking about it makes my little brain tired.
Hannah has her first day of her summer reading program at the library tomorrow morning. Part of this program requires that we read to her 20 minutes a day. I asked if I could only read that long. Please...this child has always loved books. She needed a bath today and because VBS at night the only time that worked was in the middle of the afternoon. I am so glad she thought of the brilliant idea of reading to her while she was in the bathtub. Yes, she made me read so long that she discovered her hands and feet could turn into prunes (you know what I mean).
Blessings,
Bliss

2 comments:

me said...

I LOVE the hat! Next time Ron will have to take her fishing and you can have a week alone! Love you bunches! Nancy

Bliss said...

Nancy,

Are you kidding me. I would go nuts not having my little smile maker around for a week.

Bliss