Monday, July 28, 2008

3 Years Ago

It was three years ago today that we received the call from America World Adoption that we had a daughter in China. We were given a description of her photos (which we received the next day) and some other information like her name (Chen, Wen Shu...now Hannah Wen Shu), what Province she was from (Hunan) her age nearly 8 mo. (10 mo. when we actually held her in our arms) and a some medical information. I will never forget the day of her referral as I actually left work early so I would be home to get the call...and I ended up missing the call because they called me at work...I had to wait until they had finished calling all the other families before our Family Coordinator was able to call back. I was going crazy waiting. What day...to hear congratulations you have a daughter just blew me away...after 17 years of marriage we were going to have a baby. I remember hanging up the phone, doing a few jumps of joy and then the tears began to flow like a river. I couldn't believe how my emotions just hit me like a Mac Truck. It was unreal to me that finally we were going to be parents.


Fast forward 3 years and we LOVE being Hannah's Mommy & Daddy. We are so in love with this child and so thankful that God designed her just for us (he is brilliant). We actually were hoping to adopt a 2nd daughter from China but after waiting 2 yrs. with our dossier just sitting in China as the process has slowed down so much it might take another five years we have dropped out of the program. We are now pursuing a baby girl from Ethiopia.

1 comment:

me said...

I'm laughing cuz it's all coming back to me that I had been snooping with DHL and had told y'all Our Referrals were at AWAA. Is that how I messed you up and you were headed home??? I'm sorry, I ruin it for everyone! :) Thanks for the good memory! Love ya, nancy Lee