Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Doogie Howser




This is my husband 14 years ago when he began his Internal Medicine practice in town. Everyone called him Doogie Howser because he looked so young. I don't know how many of you remember the TV show back in 1989 about the young genius Dr. Anyway I write this because my husband has officially lost the title to the doctor I saw for my physical today. Oh my word was he young. But I have to say he was the best doctor I have seen so far. All the other doctors I have seen before in this city have treated my as a DRs wife...I mean they have not been thorough at all. I don't know if they didn't feel the need to or what. This Dr. actually did a full history and physical and talked to me as I was a real patient. He gave me a clean bill of health and was very impressed with my cholesterol levels...he said the only problem was that my HDL was way too high LOL. He said he had never seen such a low LDL and high HDL. My husband agreed and was very jealous.
Having are physicals done puts us one step closer to having our dossier for Ethiopia complete.
We have have spent a lot of time this past week gathering documents, recruiting friends & family to write letters of reference and trying to figure out how to transfer some of our paper work from China to Ethiopia. I thought it would be a breeze with the paper work since this is our 3rd time at it...it is actually a little more tricky because we are dealing with 2 different countries. I can't tell you how frustrated I get as we (I mean I) are trying to complete the whole paper chase at a sprint. I should know better than use the word sprint in any kind of race I am in...I hate sprinting, but find I enjoy going a long distance at a slower speed and enjoying the whole experience (I would much rather do a marathon than a 5k any day). I guess what I am trying to say is that God has tugged at my ear to let me know I just need to try and quit sprinting and let him lead us to the finish line for our forever family.

Blessings to you all,

Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

What a cutie! And he bakes pies and makes jams. What a keeper!
I hear ya, they hear I'm a nurse and I get to diagnose myself. LOL Glad things are whinding down on the paper chase! Love ya, Nancylee