Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Paper Work Paper Work and More Paper Work

I have spent almost every waking moment since late last week working on this latest adoption. I can actually say I am pretty much done with our part. We have our physicals done and paper work back from our physicians. We were finger printed yesterday for our criminal background check. I delivered all the papers our social worker needed this morning. Most of the letters of reference we are having friends and family write on our behalf (some poor folks have to write two...one for our home study and one for Ethiopia) are completed. We now just have to wait for our social worker to complete our home study with the country change (this shouldn't take much time as she has already completed our home study for China and just updated it when our paper work with USCIS expired). Once the home study is complete we send it to USCIS to request a country change on our immigration paper work (I171H). This is the best part of all. This paper work takes quite a while to process and we have a huge head start because we had to renew it (we got one freeby while we were still waiting on the China program) a few months ago so it already being processed. This should really speed up the process of putting our dossier together.

I did take time off from all paper work to take Hannah to the water park the last few days. She is such a little fish. I think she is a natural born swimmer...I think she will be joining the swim team as soon as she is old enough. We have a great swim team (2nd best in the state). I would love it if she wanted to be a swimmer....I was on my home town swim team growing up. Such great exercise for kids.

Just have to share...about my DH. We went out to supper last evening and then he wanted to go to the mall to buy a new pair of shorts for himself. He found a very sharp pair and purchased them. On the way out we passed a section with leather coats. I was way in from of him with Hannah anxious to get out of the store. Ron yells Hey Bliss come here...he found a cute little leather jacket that he made me try on. He said WOW that fits you perfectly go look in the mirror. So being the obedient wife that I am I took a look. I agreed it looked pretty good (kind of funny with shorts). He insisted that I had to have it. Just to let you all know I hate shopping especially for clothes for myself. This is where my DH comes into play. He has become my own little personal shopper. I'm not kidding this guy actually shops for me. He knows what will look good on me and when he finds it...I am so thankful. It is kind of funny because when I first met my man he had no clue about fashion. Do they teach a class in medical school on style?

1 comment:

me said...

OK, where is a photo of you in your new lovely coat??? I can send you all my wool ones LOL! I'm sure I can use my coats for when I travel to SD sometime! I still want to see you in yours. What a sweet husband! And you lie, you love to go to Target pronounced tar-jet.....so I know you like to shop, at the least for Hannah; right! :) I could buy one of everything there for Mia! Love you so much! Nancy Lee