Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Congratulations

That is the greeting I received today upon completing my International Adoption Training. It is a new requirement by the government for any family adopting internationally. It is titled the Hague-Compliant Training. It is a 8-10 hour course that gets very boring...especially if you have previously adopted internationally. I agree that there is some very usefull information if you are adopting an older child (ages 2 plus). This is just another cost that some families can't afford.

I will be including some of my Ethiopia family friends on my blog who need financial help.

3 comments:

Renee' said...

Welcome to the AWAA Ethiopia group! We just finished our hague training too. I agree.. incredibly boring, repetitive and not a whole lot of very useful stuff in my opinion! Definitely not worth the $175 that we had to pay for it!

me said...

Congratulations, we just sucked another few hundred out of you!!!! SUCKER!!!! Now if we could get birth mothers at the hospitals to pay for such a class we could keep their newborns if they don't pass........
I feel for ya hunny!
Hey, if ANYONE needs money raising info, please email me, I'm the queen of adoption funding issues! Came home with Mia and $1000 dollars extra! Loveya, Nancy Lee
PS Are you gonna come to the beach with me???? I wish you could!!! :)

kim said...

Welcome to the Ethiopia group!!!
Kim (YG)