Thursday, July 31, 2008

What A Storm



We were woke up a little before 4AM to a major storm. The sirens were going off so I scooped up Hannah and we all headed to the basement. I can't believe my little munchkin slept through the whole thing...she didn't even move when I picker her up. It was very loud with thunder & lightning and I swear the wind was going to rip our house right off the foundation. As you can see in the photo the storm delivered us a trampoline. Hannah looked out our bedroom window this morning and said look mama I have a big girl trampoline. It is actually our neighbors who live nearly a block away and it came from their backyard. I first spotted it in the front of our house when we headed to the basement...it did some minor damage. I'm glad no one was hurt and no vehicles were damaged by the flying trampoline. Sorry to say that the trampoline is a complete loss...I feel bad for our neighbor kids as they just recently got the jumping machine (Hannah will also miss it). We had 100+MPH winds during the storm and I believe it because that trampoline is heavy. There were a lot of down trees and other damage throughout the city and we lost power about 6 hours. My husband had to get out the generator to run our sump pumps so our basement wouldn't flood. Good news is the storm passed and it was a beautiful day and yes Hannah and I went to the water park.
This photo is for my friend Nancy that insisted I post a photo of the leather jacket my husband (my personal shopper) found and thought I needed. I talked about it in my previous post. Yes I love it and appreciate my DH for purchasing it for me (he did remind me we were headed into my birthday month) but find it weird to purchase an item of clothing I can't wear for months. But we do live in South Dakota...you can never predict the weather in this crazy state. The photo might look a little goofy as I had to use the self timer (my DH is napping because he is tired from being up during the storm).
So Nancy, what do you think...you can be honest. It's not like I will quit being your friend if you don't like it.

1 comment:

me said...

I have to laugh cause I pictured in my head what your jacket would look like and there it is exactly as I pictured it would be. Perfect fit for your tiny little waist. Awesome coat, don't go out in the rain/snow/torandos!
So, now that you have a trampoline is Hannah going to take up acrobatics?LOL, that was too funny she saw it and claimed it. I would have too! :0 Nancy