Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a Mess!!!!!

Hi friends, hope everyone had a great weekend. I am suffering my annual summer time cold which always makes me lose my voice (I mean completely...nothing there). This really bugged today as I was not able to sing in church. I love the Praise & Worship and they sang some of my favourites today...bummer. There were a couple other reasons I needed my voice today one is documented in photos below and the other is Hannah and I spent a few hours at the water park today and I needed to yell at her to get out of the pool for break. I yelled Hannah and if you have ever lost your voice you know the louder you try to speak the less you can be heard. She did figure it out on her own as all the other kids were getting out of the water. And what a day not to have a voice and a big one at that...my 3 year old did the naughtiest thing ever in her short time on this earth.

I was downstairs and Hannah was upstairs "playing". After I had noticed it had been way too quiet I decided I better check on my little rascal. OH MY WORD CHILD. She had taken a brand new tube of Balmex (which I didn't remember having as we never had to use it, she never had a diaper rash) and slopped all over her body except where it is supposed to go. Oh and yes on the carpet and my dresser. This stuff is not easy to get off one's skin (plus hair). I had to bath her in dawn dish soap to get it off. I was so shocked by this behavior as Hannah never does things like this. From a very young age we could trust her not to get into anything to the point that it was too good to be true. She was the best & happiest baby from the moment they put her in my arms no tears not even a whimper. She was the best sleeper 12 hours at night (never woke up crying). A breeze to potty train. The darned kid didn't even cry when she got shots and when she could speak thanked the nurse for the shot. I just hope this is not the start of PAYBACK time for making our first few years so easy. I'm gonna tell myself she was just copying the way daddy puts on his sunscreen LOL.

Our neighbor's dog recently had 8 puppies and Hannah is having so much fun with them. One of the puppies visited us last night. Hannah loves all animals and has several imaginary ones. Her imaginary dog's name is Curl who is white with green pok-a-dots and a brown tail. The dog also has 8 puppies (wonder where she got the idea from???). There are still some puppies available they labs with a great blood line (5 blacks and 3 blondes). Let me know if you I will hook you up with the owner.

2 comments:

Renee' said...

Oh, Bliss, I am sorry, but I had to crack up when I saw that picture!! She probably did think it was sunscreen! Hope you get your voice back soon.

me said...

HA HA HA HE HE HE HO HO HO Welcome to my life!!!!!!
So which dog are you adopting??? I'd like a yellow one! I need it for my ghetto life. Unfortunately, a lab would lick anyone, everyone to death, not to mention, gthey chew on EVERYTHING! I'll keep Mr. Weenie! Love ya, Nancy