Thursday, February 26, 2009

Another Blizzard

OK I am so sick of this winter...thank the good Lord we will be in Jamaica very soon. My husband got a snow day...his office was closed but he still had to go do his rounds as the hospital never closes. The only other place that doesn't close when there is a blizzard is McDonald's. We have kind of adopted this ritual to eat lunch at McDonald's when it blizzards. I don't remember how it started but it just stuck. So when there is a blizzard and it is lunch time you know where to find this family...and it isn't the McDonald's closest to our home. We make it an adventure and drive to the one on the other side of town.


As far as our adoption goes...we are excited to be sending M*** her first care package. A family that will be leaving March 6th will be taking it for us. We should also be getting a few new photos from a couple of families that will be arriving home from ET this weekend. But what I am most excited about is our agency has agreed to let us correspond with M*** by email. I know this is a not the norm but I think because our daughter is older they will allow it. Of course she doesn't have email. What I have to do send her message to our family coordinator who will forward it to the Transition Home in Ethiopia. Some one on staff will have o read and interpret it to M***. Since the process is a bit complicated I don't expect to send or receive more than a few emails. But still excited to be able to communicate with her.



I was just thinking about our upcoming vacation. This will be the last vacation we will take as a family of three. On our next vacation we will be a family of four. Can't wait!!!!

Blessings,

Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

I'm so sorry you are snowed in! Eat some fries for me!!!
I'm so excited that you guys get to email "M"! That is so special, you'll have to print out your letter for her scrap book and when she replies vice versa. Very cool! Love you guys and stay warm! Nancy Lee