Saturday, February 21, 2009

Family Dinner Night

So it is our turn to host family dinner night. We usually trade off Saturdays with Ron's brother. So I actually am cooking for tonight's dinner. I don't usually cook as Ron enjoys doing it (and honestly we all know he is better at it...I am the clean up girl). But today we changed rolls. I made the main dish (Mexican stuffed shells...they are really yummy and if you want the recipe I am willing to share) and Ron made this beautiful pie (just a bit over baked but will still be quite tasty). Do I have a good man or what. He likes to cook, bake pies and makes the bed everyday. Not that I am lazy and won't make the bed it is just that I don't make it up to his standards...they would make any drill sergeant proud.
So we spent the afternoon preparing for dinner and Hannah's contribution was she provided the entertainment. If you know this kid you know she has an imagination that is always in overdrive. She says the funniest things. Today while I was peeling the apples for Ron's pie (so I get partial credit) Hannah was right by my side pretending to peel her own apples. She said "so mommy why are you making those apples all naked?" Too funny.
Just a little news on our adoption. You may have noticed I added a little countdown timer to our court date. So if we pass court our precious M***could be home with us by the beginning us Summer. This would be great as would have the whole Summer to work on her English before she starts school in the Fall. I also received word from our Social Worker that the addendum to our home study approving us for a girl up to the age of 12 has been sent and USCIS should have it by Monday. So everything is in place on our part and we just pray all the paperwork will be in place and we will pass court on May 8th. And if we do pass you might not have to read my blog to know it as I will be shouting WOOHOOO!!! at such decibel level it might just shake the ground (not to mention I will also be jumping up and down so the two combined will have some kind of impact).
OK gotta go...dinner is about ready.
Blessings,
Bliss

No comments: