Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today was our day!!!

I don't know how to start...I received a phone call around 12:30PM from our family coordinator (Terra). When I heard the words this is your official referral I just started shaking. I knew this day was coming but didn't think it would be so soon. (More to follow after the message we received)

The following was an email we received from our Family coordinator about our adoption.

Dear Ronald & Bliss,

Congratulations on your referral! Thank you for opening your heart and home to one of these precious children. Attached are the referral photos and translated medical information. The attached documents are the complete and translated referral documents with all medical information that has been provided by Ethiopia.


I just want to say adoption is definitely an adventure. It is so easy to get caught up in this is what I (we ) want. This is how God worked in our 1st adoption. He let us say OK God this what we want and this want we choose. We prayed and received what we asked for...the best baby and we could not have asked for the bonding and adoption process to go any easier.

Now God is answering back. This adoption is not about you it is about answering my calling to fulfill a true orphan's need in Africa. That is what we are going to do...we can't wait to meet our beautiful daughter. Please keep us in your prayer and can't wait to share photos when we are able.

Blessings,
Bliss

2 comments:

me said...

As your official younger sister, you better ......I want to know more!!! Email me with info or I'll come up there and get it myself! I am so overjoyed! This is a good day, a blessed day and teh best news! We love you so much! God is GOOD!!!

Clayton & Amber said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!