Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Love How God Works

From my last post you must all know we are adding a beautiful nearly 11 yr. old girl to our family. Yes she is from Ethiopia and yes she is black. So by now you know we truly don't care about the color of our child's skin (except I will be be so much a Mama protecting her if somebody wants to make an issue). My big fear in adopting this beauty is how am I going to know how to fix her hair.
I have no idea when it even comes to my own hair...I get by with Hannah's hair because I know how to comb straight black hair.
So tonight we are at the YMCA for Hannah's swimming lessons. This woman I kind of recognized starts walking up to me and calls out my name. I instantly recognize her as the woman I replaced for a job over 4 years ago. We had an instant connection then when she was training me...and I can't even to exlpain how God works. This woman is one of maybe a handful in our city that is black (from a Carribean country) and knows how do braid girls hair (she has 2 little beauties herself). She gave me her phone number and basically said that she would show up on my door step if I didn't call her for help. How about that for God's timing.

Blessings,
Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

You will do fine! My Goddaughter Mahrya's hair was easy, just don't use a blowdryer!LOL, It's easy, go to walmart and get some oil spray, they have the detangler for babies, smells heavenly, and use it on Hannah to get use to it. I used it on my kids for their fly away hair. I am so EXCITED!!!! Love you, nancy lee