Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gorgeous Day!!!

OK today was the most beautiful day ever. Perfect temp and get this NO WIND. That almost never happens here (yesterday it was soooo windy it was impossible to do anything outside). We had so much fun outside today playing and getting projects done. I took Hannah on a nice long bike ride which included a stop at the park. The rest of the afternoon found the whole family working in the yard. I pruned trees and Ron mowed the lawn, planted flowers and fertilized the lawn and Hannah did some chalk drawing on the side walk, chased some birds, helped with the pruning (briefly) but of course she ended up in her sandbox. When I was finished pruning Hannah and I took a little walk around the neighborhood. She greeted all the neighbors with a wave and HELLO. She is very into greeting everybody she sees with a wave and hello...it is very cute. I find the teenage boys the most uncomfortable when Hannah greets them...they don't know what to say back to a 3 year old girl (da, hello will work).

Yesterday was kind of interesting. Since this second adoption is taking so long Ron and I have been thinking about hosting a foreign exchange student from China. We hosted a student from France in 2000 and had a very good experience. Well the funny thing is we ran into PAX family coordinator we worked with at Wal Mart. We have not seen her since our student left (she does not live in our city). She knew we adopted a little Chinese girl because our story was in the local paper. She wasted no time asking if we would consider hosting an Asian student (she is very pushy). We didn't tell her we had already been thinking about it because she would've thought it a done deal...here is your student (I'm not kidding that is how pushy she is). We just said we would think about it. But I think there is a good chance we may have another Chinese girl in the house this fall. Keep this in your prayers.

I was also so happy to have a couple of hours to myself as Ron & Hannah went to dinner at his brothers. It gave me a chance to watch a movie. I used to get to watch a movie every Sunday while Hannah napped. She no longer naps so I seldom get a chance to watch a movie. I watched Sense & Sensibility (love Jane Austen).

That is my recap of this weekend...all was wonderful but the Twins lost 2 games to the Rockies.

Bliss

1 comment:

me said...

Girlfriend, I gotta send you some Jane Austin movies! You would like George Elliot too! Glad you had a blessed weekend! We should find out this week if we get to move to SD. I'm on my knees praying we have some sort of answer soon! Love you guys! Nancy Lee