Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A few of my favorite mommy/daughter photos of us in Florida (taken by Aunt Bonnie)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers especially those celebrating their first and those with soldiers in the war (my heart goes out to war moms). This is my third mother's day with Hannah and my second without my mother. So while it is a happy day I can't help but feel a bit of sadness too.

Hannah and I went to church without dad as he was working. There was no teacher in Hannah's Sunday School class. So she had to sit in the sanctuary with me...I was not excited about this as she doesn't sit still ever and especially not in church. I was so proud of her today she was an angel. She did great (dad still can't believe it). The woman sitting next to us commented how well behaved she was...she said none of her kids would have ever been so good in church. OK I could have just said thank you and took credit for being the best parent on earth...but I fessed up to how Hannah usually behaves in church (today was truly a miracle from God his gift to me for mother's day).

We went to brunch after church and the good news is that Grandma was able to join us. I was happy she made it and ate more than she has eaten in a long time. But she was pretty worn out by the end of the meal. But it was good to see her out visiting with friends she hasn't seen in a while.

Ron was good enough to take Hannah to the park and play in her sandbox so I could just sit and watch a movie (I love to watch movies and haven't got to do this in forever so that was my best gift for mother's day). Once my movie was over I then took Hannah to the park again...I love doing this too so that was a bonus gift.

Blessings to All,
Bliss

No comments: