Monday, May 5, 2008

The Wait

As of tomorrow (5/6/08) we will be at 17 months of waiting since we were LID (12/6/06). I can't even predict when we will get a referral. Our agency is now saying the wait is 29 months +. We our now on our way to a three year wait. We are hoping and praying this does not drag out more than another year. We are being realistic in our wait as we know the Olympics are definitely playing a part in this slow down. Just pray Hannah keeps us young while we wait for her little sister.

Hannah had her second visit to the dentist today. She did much better the first time around. She would not sit in the big chair today but the dentist (he is a family friend) was OK with just dealing with her on my lap. He told her she had beautiful teeth and gave her her 2nd floride treatment. She did OK and I rewarded her with her first ice cream cone from the Twist Cone...she just laughed at the little eyes they put on her cone...it was so much fun to share this special 1st with her.

I am posting this early as I may not be able to post tomorrow. I am going to the oral surgeon to have an implant (a screw put in my jaw so the dentist can create a tooth to put on the screw kinda like a crown. I will be sedated (scares me a bit) . Please keep me in your prayers.

Bliss

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hi Bliss,

I saw your post on the AWAA list and decided to visit your blog. My husband and I have 2 little girls adopted from China (6/04 and 10/06) through AWAA. We also have a 17 year old bio son.

I had an implant done last December and now it's time for the crown. I hope it went well for you - it was a piece of cake for me.

Happy Mother's Day!