Thursday, May 8, 2008

What's Happening

It was a dreary day as it rained most of the day. We are dog sitting for Ron's brother's dog and I felt bad he had to be in his pen most of the day...poor dog. I finally just let him out to run around the backyard and he is a mess.



I went to the mailbox today and was surprised with a package from a sweet friend (Nancy in PA). It was a bag of Hershey's Bliss (dark chocolate which I love) and a thoughtful card. Thank you Nancy you are the best (although I find you having between 15-20lbs of butter in your freezer a little strange...but if you get a good deal and have six kids why not stock up).



I haven't shared how my oral surgery went. Not how I wanted. I have been without a tooth for nearly 2 months since my crown came out and could not be reattached. The plan was that the oral surgeon would take out the root of the tooth and place an implant. He was not able to place the implant as he discovered a little infection once he got the root out. So now I have to let things heal for 4-5 months. If in that time it is healed and enough bone has grown back he can place the implant...if not enough bone has grown back he will have to do a bone graft (if I choose) and I will have to wait a few more months. Long story short once he is able to place the implant (screw in my jaw) I will have to wait 6 months to get fitted for the crown. This is starting to mirror our adoption process. Do this step...wait, next step...wait...next step...wait. It has made me think...just like I am missing a part of me (my tooth) I am also missing another part...my little Zoey. Please pray China speeds up the process.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Hi again Bliss,

I just commented on an earlier post where you wrote that you were going to be getting an implant. I should have read this post too before commenting. :-) I had a tooth pulled last June and then had to wait until December for the implant because the tooth was infected. So now it is ready for a crown, as soon as I call my dentist to make the appointment. :-)

Hang in there with the tooth and the wait! :-)