Saturday, May 10, 2008

What A Day

WOW what a Saturday. It started very early about 5AM I got up and watched the end of the replay of the Twins/Red Sox game that I got to frustrated watching last night and just went to bed. I was so happy I saw the end of the game as the Twins came back and beat those pesky Red Sox at the very bottom of the 9th. So exciting...but I couldn't scream or do any of my usual celebrating craziness as Hannah and Ron were still sleeping. Hope for the same results tonight.


Hannah went to the neighbors while I worked out (Ron is on call this weekend...it sucks with only 3 Docs in the group he's on call every 3rd weekend). She loves going to their house and it is nearly impossible to get her out of there.


As I mentioned in a previous entry Saturday is my big cleaning day. Since it was raining out it made cleaning day a little easier to swallow. Boy did I go crazy. I attacked our master bath like never before. I scrubbed every surface as if I had a grudge to settle with it. I don't think the bathroom has been this clean since we built the house...wait it is cleaner. Our bathroom wasn't finished when we moved in and it was a complete mess.


After I was done with the bathroom I hit the kitchen...not to clean but to bake. I know anyone that knows me is saying...WHAT???? I am not known for my skills in the kitchen but this past year I have been like the queen of banana bread (I made it twice this past week and there are five loaves in the freezer...there would be six but we gave grandma a loaf). Today I got the itch to bake cookies. I ended up making two different kinds...of course chocolate chip for Ron and craisin white chocolate for Hannah. Hannah was my helped me..when I say help I mean she licked the bowls and spoons.
We are going to church and then to brunch for mother's day. Ron's mom is going to attempt to join us for brunch so hope this happens. I got flowers yesterday from Ron and Hannah and they are very pretty (the bouquet has daisies...Ron has it easy...I love daisies and I think they are cheaper than most flowers).
Happy Mother's Day to All

1 comment:

me said...

Baking is therapy!You go girl! You can cook, haven't you seen Rattatoui? So I can'gt spell? Glad your nesting, does your spirit know something your heart doesn't? Rich is making breakfast currently and I am typing on my Mother's day gift. He did come home with a mini rose plant and a card last night. Well, gotta go eat waffles. Love ya, Nancy